Tag Archives: us savings bond

Invest your Tax Return

Invest your 2009 Tax Return

The IRS is offering an investment option if you are getting a refund for your 2009 taxes this year. You can transfer your tax refund for a US savings bond of up to $5,000. You can purchase a bond in any denomination of $50, remaining funds need to be directly deposited into a banking account.

It’s just that simple, when you file choose the US Savings Bond option and you will receive your bonds in the mail instead of a refund check. The official form is Form 8888, used to deposit your refund into more … Read the rest